Now that autumn is here I think this simple fairy garden is the perfect project. Fall always has a feeling of magical excitement for me and this fairy garden is the perfect project when you are feeling a little more magical!
- Styrofoam disks
- Serving dish (I picked this one up at a thrift store)
- Spanish Moss
- Miniature Objects (whatever you like!)
- wooden skewers
- Fringed Campion (learn how to make them here)
- Large-flowered woolly meadowfoam (learn how to make them here)
- Miniature fence
- Battery powered LED lights (Optional)
After your project is complete whisper this pome by W.B. Yeats three times to invite the fairies in!
Come fairies Take me out of this dull world,
For I would ride with you
Upon the wind and dance
Upon the mountains like a flame.
Please enjoy this project, but do not leave it turned on unattended, there is the potential for fire!
(click any image to see full size)